Posts Tagged ‘awards’
For those of you who are wondering, I posted my first draft copy, of my first chapter, of my first novel and for the first time. That is a lot of firsts.
I asked people for constructive criticism (yes good and bad) one thing you need to realize if you want to publish your work – you need to seek the criticism, and face the music – otherwise how are you going to improve and make it better?
Last night I spent a bit of time editing it (old school paper and pen style)
here is some of the edited copy – And for those who are wondering ALL my work IS in fact Copyrighted. So don’t be thieving
Being a school teacher wasn’t all it had cracked up to be. Sure there were a few perks, seeing the smiles on those children’s faces every time I entered the room, just as easily they smiled when it was time to pack their bags and go home, teaching them all about how the world works… How much they actually listen to is a different story. My name is Ruby, Ruby Kensington but you can call me Miss K.
I’m not married, I don’t even have a boyfriend, I don’t have children of my own and I don’t have any friends. No I am not a weirdo or maybe I am. You can decide that for yourself. I’m going to tell you a story about how I ended up in the position I am in.
June 28th 8:40pm. 1993
It was the 90’s and I was fresh out of law school, already I had already received my first job offer. I was desperate, so I went for it not knowing quite what I was getting myself into. We had arranged to meet at 9am the next day to discuss what the job involves, the only problem was that I did not know who I was meeting or why. I had received the phone call out of the blue, and the person I had spoken to did not go into any detail about the job, they just gave me a time and the address of where I would be meeting my ‘potential employer.’ When you are a lawyer, you don’t think too much about those types of phone calls – although I would have preferred to pick the location myself.
That night I had a group date with my best friends Chloe and Sandra.
They had been my friends since we were in law school. Chloe had long blond hair with colors running through it, pinks, purples, blues and oranges. She was short, maybe 5’2 and she was very socially awkward. When Chloe was younger she really wanted to be a hairdresser, but her mum forced her into attending law school. Chloe didn’t want to upset her mother, so, she used her talents with hair as a side business as a way to make some extra cash. Now Sandra on the other hand was the complete opposite. Sandra was a girl of status in the law industry – as her dad was a lawyer. She was tall with luscious tanned legs that go for miles. Sandra had dark hair and dark eyes, with a European look to her plus she was really skinny and everything about her screamed sexy. Sandra always had all the guys pining over her like little puppies, even though she turned them all down.
As the night progressed I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was being watched. You know the type of feeling you get when you think there is someone who just won’t stop staring at you? The hairs on the back of your neck stand up and cold shivers run down your spine, as if someone had ‘just walked over your grave’ as they say. That’s the feeling I had now, so I decided to call it a night with my friends and walk home.
As I was walking I started to feel dizzy, queasy even… did I really drink that much? A few minutes passed by and I couldn’t bring myself to walk any further. I hailed the first cab I saw and jumped in. My house was about a 10 minute walk away from our favorite hangout but I just couldn’t bear to walk any longer. The taxi drive made me feel worse. I wasn’t even sure if I was even in a taxi anymore and I just passed out.
Last night I logged on to find that I had been nominated for of the same awards. So I would just like to take some time to thank these people before I continue.
for their blog Seasons Of Insanity
You always have the most interesting posts to read and I never get bored when I read them. Although I must say I am sorry for never showing you that I have read them. Much like my presence in real life at the moment, the appreciation I should show for my friends gets left in bed when I wake up because my mind gets clouded with lots of other thoughts. My favourite post you have written recently is this one http://radaronelson.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/psycho-chick-magnet/
It’s just a tad naughty and I must admit I like the naughty posts (giggle)
For their blog Mittens Blog Stop
Every time I visit your blog to see something new, I see something extravagant and well written, exciting and enjoyable to read. I am always waiting to see the next post to come up. My favourite post you have written recently is
not only because it is well written, but because it is written in a sense that it can relate to almost everyone using wordpress. I think that is a wonderful thing being able to relate to your readers.
“When someone likes 8 of your posts in 20 seconds, are they the fastest readers in the world, or did they line up all the posts in individual tabs, read them all, then go back and click like like like? …Or are they just faking it in the hopes you’ll come check their blog out? Hmm. This happened to me once. Yeah man, I knew what you were up to! I win! The prize is the honour of being neurotic.”
This bit is my favourite because it happens so often. I think it might be because they read it in individual tabs and I just hope it isn’t because they would like to get noticed by spamming our inboxes with many ‘likes.’
So with that I must move on to all the different questions I should answer.
Mittens has asked me these questions
- Does Spongebob Square pants creep you out a little bit now you’re older?
2. What is your favourite kind of big cat?
3. What’s your personal favourite post on your blog?
Oh well that would easily be
4. Who do you wish would make a wordpress account and follow you?
Katy Perry, because I think she would have some pretty unique things to write about.
5. What’s your dream job and nightmare job?
My dream job was being a mother (which I have now) and my nightmare job is working as a poop cleaner
6. What is your favourite kind of tea?
Twinning’s Lemon scented Black Tea
7. What is your biggest achievement (in your eyes)?
Writing the first couple of chapters of my novel
8. How many blogs do you run? Or just one?
9. Favourite band or singer or song?
That’s a hard one ill skip this one
10. Would you rather be a part of the Brady Bunch or the Addams Family?
Now time for Seasons questions
1. Your favourite colour – Blue
2. Your favourite animal – Tiger
3. Your favourite non-alcoholic drink – Coffee
4. Facebook or Twitter – Facebook :/ Unfortunately
5. Your favourite pattern – I agree with Seasons here, the pattern 8 J
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents? – Giving, always
7. Your favourite number? – Agreed 69 ;P
8. Your favourite day of the week? – I don’t have a favourite
9. Your favourite flower? – Lotus
10. What is your passion? – Writing, music, art and being a mum
Now that I have answered all those questions and you know a little more about me time for my nominees
I can’t think of my own questions, so feel free to answer any of the ones I answered.
Now time for my Normal post –
This week has been hectic, I have realized a lot in this week about the way I react to a particular person and things this person has said. I still think about how manipulated I was for ages, sometimes I think that maybe I deserved it, but then I remember I am only human and the other person is only human too… so who can blame them for wanting things to go their way all the time and stopping at nothing to get it… all I can say now is sorry mate but you lucked out this time, but good luck next time right?
I recently took my son to the swimming centre, it took a little bit of time to get him used to the water again – as he hadn’t been in the water in so long – But I will just have to take him more often now to get him excited about swimming.
I also haven’t written about my 3D ultrasound yet, I was going to write about it, but the father forgot that I was even having the ultrasound done that day, so I got angry and refused to post the pictures and write a post until he remembered, and just as I suspected I had to mention it while I was angry to get him to remember… but at the time it was the perfect conversation changer. Sometimes I don’t understand how someone can forget something so important.
So here are some pictures
I have also been spending a lot of time with a really good friend lately, and we have been boarder line obsessing over our star signs and reading them every day then discussing some different interpretations of that particular text. I would like to share my Aires one today
“Life gets intense today. Your passionate nature is right at the surface of your consciousness. You’re attracted to potent people and deeply intimate encounters. You’re like a child playing with matches — drawn to the flame, though you’ve been warned about what will happen if you get too close! It’s good to delve into your own inner power, but try not to create dramatic situations purely for their own sake.”
Also check out my mums blog Marbox – Healthy, Wealthy and Wise
Opps… I seem to have gotten myself ‘Tagged’ By
so I guess this will make for a very interesting post today. Here are the rules.
- Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs.
So I guess I will start with the 11 things about myself.
1) I am a mum (so I have mentioned in nearly every one of my posts)
2) I love coffee
3) In 4 years I plan on going to New York with my Mum and my Aunt Michelle (she isn’t my real Aunt but I think of her as one)
4) I love to draw, and I am not too bad at it too
5) I was chosen for this even though I have over 400 followers
6) I suffer from depression; have done for 5+ years now.
7) Oh lucky number 7 you will be the death of me
8) I love to bake, I never really find the time to stand in the kitchen and bake these days… I feel more like a whale most days
9) I am sort of a dork
10) Not many people like me… Maybe because I am too up front about things and people nearly always can tell when I either don’t like them or don’t like something that they have done… But I will always be nice to them.
11) I always give people more chances than they deserve and never hold a grudge.
Questions http://normancooper.wordpress.com want me to answer.
- 2. 1) If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, and work was guaranteed, where would it be? Right where I am in sunny Adelaide is fine with me
- 3. 2) What is you fondest childhood memory? All my childhood memories are not present with me at the moment and thinking of one right now would just make my head ache worse.
- 4. 3) Does it bother you when people “dog-ear” the corners of their book pages? What about writing and highlighting in a book? No, because sometimes if you are borrowing the book from a library you can see that they didn’t get very far into it. And also no for the writing and highlighting, sometimes people highlight some pretty neat point and write some decent notes.
- 5. 4) Kindle/Nook or traditionalist? All three I would say, because I don’t have a huge book case so a virtual one can always be handy J
- 6. 5) If national elections had celebrity judges and a telephone hotline, would people be more apt to get involved in government? In Australia you have to vote otherwise you will get fine. So we have no choice… I think it works better that way because then it is a whole country deciding… not the minority that actually care. Always get involved people! Otherwise you might regret it.
- 7. 6) What’s your favourite movie/TV show? Breaking bad is pretty ok at the moment, but really my favourites are Glee, The Doctors, Dr Oz, Dr Phil and well that’s pretty much all because I don’t really watch TV.
- 8. 7) What were you doing on August 21, 1987? Not even fertilized yet.
- 9. 8) Dude, do you have the answers to yesterday’s Algebra homework? Maybe, what’s in it for me?
- 10. 9) Glass half-full or half-empty? It is half full
10) What’s your least favourite colour? Sludge green
- 11. 11) If you were born on February 29, when would you celebrate your birthday? I would have a 2 day birthday bash on other years and just one day for the leap year
Here are the questions I would like my Nominees to answer
1) Have you ever copied anyone just because you thought you could do it better?
2) Have you ever stolen an item of clothing from someone close to you, and then worn it around them and pretended it has always been yours?
3) What are your favourite animals?
4) Do you like children?
5) What were you doing in the year 1993?
6) What is your favourite take-away?
7) Are you a vegan or vegitarian?
8) Do you enjoy red wine or white wine better?
10) Do you sometimes wish you were a little kid again?
11) What is your least favourite thing to do?
And now for my nominees
Thankyou everyone and Happy blogging.
Who is excited for the Emmys? Now I live in Australia and I am excited for it, my favorite part you ask? Oh the outfits… It really is all I watch it for, to be a typical pap and concentrate on what everyone is rocking up in, or should I say Frocking up
All in all, I think everyone looks their best when they attend, but that wont stop people attepting to do their own ‘best and worst’ dressed just for the occasion. Do you remember that feeling, when you walk into a clothes store, find an outfit, try it on ‘looks great’ buy it and then when you are out and about in it, and someone looks at you funny? Your confidence is crushed and you think you’re ugly… Just because someone else thinks you are ‘worst dressed’ doesnt mean you cant be Best dressed.
Ok so maybe dressing up as a tree was not the best idea. :/
Will you be watching the Emmys?